Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hello everyone! I have been thinking of creating a blog to share about my classroom for well over a year now but I just didn't think I had much to share when comparing my ideas to all the other awesome blogs out there. However, my sweet friend, Shelli Temple, has encouraged me so many times and I'm excited to say I finally gave in. I teach Pre-AP Algebra 2 and Bridging to Algebra 2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job and am blessed that I get to make a difference with teens. I hope to use this space as a reflection of who I am as a teacher, a mother, a person, and a professional. I have lots of things to share and learn! I hope you guys can find the practices and resources I share valuable! It may take me a while to get the hang of this thing and a constant motivation to keep up with it :)

One thing I really enjoyed teaching this year with my PAP students was sketching polynomials by hand. I can't remember where, but I found this awesome (what I taught as an inquiry-based/discovery lesson) somewhere. Please let me know if it was you! Love the way students were led to discover the behavior of polynomials without me have to yack at them. (Who wants to hear my country accent more than you have to? )

Graphing Polynomials Investigation

I'm also a LOVER of all things Interactive Notebooks. This was my first year and - wow, I'm in love!- and I think most of my kids became believers too! So, I made this foldable as a resource for my kiddos to put in their notebooks. I found other foldables I loved kind of covering similar concepts, consolidated, and enhance as much as I could. Some of the fonts may not show up because many of them I have downloaded on my own computer.

Graphing Polynomials Foldable

These two things are a brief overview of a couple of things I found quickly browsing through my USB. Most of my ideas and resources have stemmed from people like you reading this! Please let me know if what I'm sharing is beneficial to you and feel free to e-mail/comment me if you notice any mistakes (I'm known for my lack of proof-reading :)) or questions!

Brooke

2 comments:

  1. I was just introduced to the bounce/wiggle/cross differentiation at a workshop last week. Love the discovery activity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah! Your blog has been such a blessing to me the last couple of years! You have such a sweet heart and awesome passion! Keep visiting!

      Delete